Pathfinder/LL&D is open and taking calls!
If you need to file a claim, please call us at 281-556-9999. Our staff is up and running and ready to help you.
There is misinformation out there regarding the methods and timing about reporting claims. The truth is, your Agent and your carrier want to make sure you are whole in the event of a covered loss. Here are some facts that will help you to understand the process better.
· Report claims as soon as possible; HOWEVER, safety is a priority. If an insured knows from neighbors that their property is damaged then we do not need them to actually lay eyes on the damage nor send us pictures.
· Claims can be made by calling the carrier direct or by calling us. If the insurance Carrier wants a written confirmation, we can send that as well.
· If you do start the cleanup process, take pictures of the damage and the damaged items before disposing of them.
· You can call a restoration company, but it is important that you know that not all fees may be covered by the flood provider. It is best to wait for their adjuster to advise them.
· The National Flood program allows up to 60 days to report a loss. TWIA allows up to 12 months.
FEMA will help with lodging for people who are displaced as there is no additional living expense on the flood policy.
Reach them on the web at https://www.fema.gov/apply-assistance or by phone at 800-621-3362.8